All we will get from Sony this year is the full FX6 E-mount camcorder specs announcement on November 17. I know it’s disappointing but the good news I can give you is that our sources shared correctly the FX6 launch date. And the very same sources are sure 2021 will be exciting! They all confirm the first camera we will get is a new A9 model (rumors here). There will be also a new 16mm f/1.8 GM lens (rumors here). There will be also a new entry level camera…maybe RX? (rumors here).
IN Q2 at earliest (Q3 more likely) we will also get the new A7IV. Here are the specs I got today from a usually very good source:
- A74 will have a new sensor with faster readout and will not recycle the 24 MP one. My source told me it will be in the 30-32 MP region
- The EVF will have 3,69 Mdots and not 5,76 Mdots
- Most probably the LCD will also be on the cheap side but the image quality and AF will be top notch
- The video will certainly be 4K 60p and will feature the new menus.
- The price will be in the $2499 region
Makes sense…and I am happy to hear we will finally step up from the usual 24MP sensor!
Join our livechat on Discord to discuss the specs with us. We can’t wait for 2021…we want new Sony cameras…and a Covid-19 vaccine :)