Note: this post has been updated after learning who source of this rumor is
This morning I read this rumor on multiple websites that have no track of ANY reliable Sony rumors posted in the past. So I figured this would be again a wrong or made up rumor. But now I learned who is the real source of the rumor (I cannot disclose the forum member name publicly).
So while I am still very doubtful about this rumor…the source sometimes has posted reliable info about other companies like Sigma/Olympus. Not about Sony…this is his first time. So here is what he shared:
In Q1 2021 Sony will launch a new top of the line camera with the following specifications:
- Bigger and truly pro body
- 9.44M dots EVF
- Newly developed sensor
- 8K video recording with no overheating
- Dual card slots
- New menu systems from A7S3
- IBIS with Steady shot active mode
- Everything about this camera is new
- Price 5.999$.
Sony a7 IV will be launch sometime in 2021 (probably Q3) with the following specifications:
- Slight bigger and more comfortable body than A7III
- 3.68M dot EVF
- 1.44M dot LCD
- Newly developed 30 MP sensor
- 4K 60p with no overheating
- Dual SD and CFexpress Type A card slots
- New menu system from A7S3
- 5-axis in-body stabilization with Steady shot active mode
- Price 2.499$
Again, I really doubt that a rumor saying the price of the camera up to one year ahead is correct! Still some pieces of it might be correct…particularly the A7IV info which sounds as an obvious good guess.
If you know more about this drop me a message at email@example.com or use the anonymous contact form.
Via: SonyErumors Source: Photorumors