— SonyAlphaRumors (@SonyAlphaRumors) November 20, 2014
Sorry for the fun tweet on top but Sony really has shown they can make the impossible possible by adding 5 axis stabilization on the FE cameras. I am wondering how Canon and Nikon managers will feel now
Time to extend our Sony A7m2 roundup post. Here is all the news that matters!
Worldwide only preorder is at Amazon Japan.
Full spec list and videos on SAR.
Full english A7m2 features list on SAR.
Image samples here on Sony.net.
Real life Images of the A7m2 on SAR.
A7II press and images at Sony Japan.
Image samples here at Sony Japan.
A7m2 discussion on SonyAlphaForum.
Sony Japan Unveils the a7II Mirrorless Camera, 70-300mm G SSM II A-Mount Lens (BHphoto).
Sony Announces A7 II – Nail in Coffin for Nikon and Canon? (JorgeTorralba).
Thoughts on the A7m2 by TheDigitalDigest.
The main things you need to know about the A7m2:
1) Camera will be released in Japan on December 5 and cost 190,000 yen. It will ship in Europe in January for 1.799 Euro (no US price info yet).
2) It has an amazing 5axis on sensor stabilization. It works both in stills and video mode with up to 4,5 stop stabilization (CIPA standard).
3) The 5 axis stabilization is a world’s first on a FF camera and is also a Sony proprietary tech (not borrowed from the Olympus OMD). Source: SonyAlphaForum.
4) 5 axis stabilization works with all third party lenses (Source: SonyAlphaForum).
5) Sensor is the “almost” the same as the one used by the A7. But autofocus speed is 30% faster
6) The A7m2 has the shutter button on top of the grip and a new grip and texture on the A7 body.
7) It has a robust mount ring. No need to replace it with the Fotodiox solution
8) A7m2 has XAVC-s and X-Log2
9) Picture of Nikon and Canon managers after the A7m2 launch (SAR twitter)
Sony A7m2 vs Sony A7 perfect size comparison via CameraSize: